In October 2018, my book Maps, Markets and Matzo Ball Soup: the inspiring life of Chef Gail Hall was published and placed on shelves in Audreys Books on Jasper Avenue in Edmonton.
In the past week, the publisher and Gail’s husband, Jon Hall, and I have done several media interviews including CBC Edmonton A.M. with Mark Connolly, CTV with Stacey Brotzel, and 630 CHED with Ryan Jespersen. Jon and Gail’s Executive Chef, Dave Nicolson, appeared on Global TV with Kevin and Kent, and I did an interview with Jeff Sammut of Sirus XM on Chanel 167 for the Canada Talks show. Liane Faulder wrote about the book and what it was like to write it in an article for the Edmonton Journal.
It was quite the week.
For those of you in and around Edmonton wondering where you can find “the Matzo Ball Soup” book as it’s being called, Jon Hall has been hitting the pavement hard getting it into stores and restaurants. A list of stores is at the end of this post.
Almost every day, more stores call to have the book on their shelves. I am overwhelmed at the response and so thankful to everyone who has purchased, or is selling, the book.
People can also order the book online through the publisher, Q32 Consulting. Just click on the link to get you to the right spot.
Oh, and just so you know, we have a second cover featuring matzo ball soup made by Edmonton chef, Charlie Rothman, (woot-woot, Charlie!) being printed. It’ll be available soon and would make a great gift to send off to a loved one!
And by all means, if you think a bookstore, say, like CHAPTERS ON WHYTE AVENUE, should carry the book, give them a call at 780-435-1290 and let them know you’d love to stop by to pick it up there.
Thank you, from my heart.
Pick up your copy of “the Matzo Ball Soup Book” at these stores:
Edmonton and area:
- Audreys Books 10702 Jasper Ave
- Westside, 9952 170 St NW, Edmonton
- West Edmonton Mall
- South Point, 3227 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton
- St. Albert, 445 St. Albert Trail, Unit #30, St. Albert
- Edmonton Centre, 10025 102 Ave #114, Edmonton
- Bonnie Doon, 83 street and 82 Ave, Edmonton
- Southgate Centre, 5015 111 St NW, Edmonton
- Millwoods Town Centre, 2331 66 St NW #326, Edmonton
- Kingsway Mall, 109 Street Northwest & Kingsway Avenue, #281
- Northtown Mall, 9450 137 Ave NW #186, Edmonton,
- South Edmonton Common, 1837 99 St NW, Edmonton
- Sherwood Park, 2020 Sherwood Dr, Sherwood Park
- Mandolin Books
Bookstores – Calgary
- The Cookbook Co. Cooks, 722 – 11 Ave. S.W.
Bookstores – Saskatoon
Restaurants and Stores – Edmonton
- Devine Wines
- Blue Plate Diner
- The Helm Clothing
- Jacek Chocolate Couture
- Habitat Etc.
- Kitchen by Brad
- Cookie Love
- Art of Cake
- Italian Centre Shop (all Edmonton and Calgary locations)
- Rooster Café
- Carol’s Quality Sweets
- Effing Seafoods (44 Riel Drive, St. Albert)
- Workshop Eatery
Hotels and Shops – way out of town!
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Canmore – stay tuned
- Okanagan – stay tuned